Thursday, August 8, 2013

Awesome News

I can hardly believe that my summer is over. I am so blessed to have spent it with this sweet boy. 
Seriously, I really don't know where time has gone...but he is growing up so quickly. He continues to be just the sweetest little boy and he MELTS. MY. HEART.

We spent yesterday in Kansas City at the doctor. They were thrilled with the progress of his hemangioma and they gave us the go to STOP his meds!!! I am beyond thankful for the knowledge of these great doctors and the doctor that finally sent us on to KC. I truly think they probably took years off the time Charlie has his hemangioma. I couldn't be more thankful and happy with the progress.

Yesterday, I saw the best quote in a magazine from a mom whose daughter also had a hemangioma  and it pretty much summed up how I felt when we first learned about Charlie's. She said, "I always feared her hemangioma would enter the room before my daughter."

I remember crying while rocking him when he was itty bitty and fearing just how big would his get? How long would it grow? What would people think? What would they say? Would he be in any pain? The fear of the unknown was so overwhelming and the unexpected seemed so unfair.

 We have had some very interesting comments and looks over the past year...but I think we have done the best we could for him and we love love LOVE him just the way he is. When he is closer to 3 or 4 and if there is still any redness left we will think about doing laser treatments. But for now, it is doing it's job all on its own--and it is doing a pretty good job. :)


June 2012--the day we started the meds

August 2013-the week we ended the meds
The white spots throughout the red is where it is already dying and fading away. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Charlie is also blessed to have 2 tremendous parents who love this sweet boy and treasure him.
    Mom W

    ReplyDelete